* advanced courses are for graduates of the Nanomyte specialisation program OR other students/professionals who can demonstrate proficiency equivalent to the Nanomyte specialisation program
All specialisation programs are a total duration of 18 months
VFX Artist - Compositor Career Path
Nanomyte’s VFX Specialisation Course in Compositing is what you need to follow a career path in the VFX industry as a compositor.
After completing this course, you will have all the necessary knowledge to move on to the Advanced VFX Compositing Diploma program, through which Nanomyte will continue to help you on your path to becoming an industry ready skilled professional compositor.
– FOUNDATIONS OF 3D ANIMATION APPLICATIONS
COURSE DURATION: 12 months. If the student completes the FOUNDATIONS OF 3D ANIMATION APPLICATIONS base-level course in 4-6 months or less, he or she may complete the specialisation course in 12-14 months (pending a progress evaluation and counselling session after 4 months of the foundation course)
– Basics of Film, Animation & VFX terminology
– Understanding Cinematography, Lighting techniques and Camera functions- Introduction to Compositing (Difference between layer based & node based compositing) and Compositing software.
– Intermediate Nuke
– Introduction to Rotoscopy and its different techniques along with nomenclature
– Introduction to tracking & matchmove
– Introduction to Paint
– Clean-up / Removal
– Introduction to keying – Midterm project
– Camera Tracking
– Introduction to CGI compositing
– Point Cloud
– Camera Projection
– Stereo Compositing – End of course project (student showreel)